Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

For a limited time only

It took me 45 years and some months to realize that we only have a limited time here on earth. I now understand those persons who say that they live like their last day like there is no tomorrow.  Meaning they live life and try and have a little regret as possible. 
We are not guaranteed any amount of time in this beautiful earth. I was in the hospital for the second time Ths last week, once for my friend Domina who has been suffering brain bleeds and blood stoppage to the brain,  for some time now and she had a really bad episode and then yesterday for me as I had a procedure that was unsuccessful, both of these really made me think and as I was sitting there in the hospital my friend Chad who is a pretty friggin awesome dude came to visit me pre and post op. He reminded to pray and sat there holding my hand while I prayed. I said a quick prayer and then the boys came and got me, chad said to pray and that I would be ok, and I nodded ,winked and blew a kiss to him as I left. 
All this made me realize that I only have a short time on this earth and if I am living in regret or unhappiness then I am not living my life as it should be. I am using this a catalyst to change my life, for I have been doing just that...living in a life that I don't think I'm supposed to be in.

So it has taken me several months to write this blog, and since my last entry I've made some decisions that really improved my life.

I realized I was not living in my integrity and that things in my life didn't feel right, and the only way that this was going to change, is if I changed it. So in doing so, I had to make some really difficult decisions, two of them being getting out of relationships that I should never been in the first place, or second trying to make the relationships that I did have count.
Since. Since making these extremely difficult decisions my life has really turned around for the better, it is amazing what can happen when you Live completely in your integrity. All I can say is it took me 40 or so years of people pleasing to come to this conclusion that I truly deserve to be as happy as I was trying to make those around me. I am here today to say that I am no longer one of those individuals that needs to be validated my others solely.  I love my life and the man that I have become.

No comments: