Translate

Friday, February 18, 2011

Growing Older and staying in shape

NYC - Metropolitan Museum of Art - Fragments o...Image by wallyg via Flickr
I live in San Diego California and to me it is a paradise, but I am having one little problem....I am getting older. I turned 43 this year and I like the age thing but the one thing that I hate is that it is getting harder and harder to stay  in shape. As I get older little tire around my waist has become a little bigger and the flat stomach that I used to hold on to, like some kind of trophy, has turned into a small pooch. Now because I really never acquired a work out ethic I can't seem to get enough gumption to do sit ups to get rid of it. I get up in the morning, get ready for work, drive to work, work all day and then when I get home all I want to do is eat, watch TV and go to bed. I am getting to the point that this lifestyle is not enough, I need more, I need to be inspired.

Well I just got my inspiration there was a fantastic Sculpturor called Polykleitos and he like many other artists of his time created some of the worlds famous pieces like "Diadoumenos". An amazing example of the men of the time, and I want to look like this, I remember in my twenties I was tall and really skinny, I saw a picture of myself today of me back then and I looked really unhealthy but young and defined. I did have abbs and a 30 inch waste but wow was I skinny.

Things are different these days, I feel really great about where I am at, I finally feel like I am growing into the body that I have always wanted. I am going to take some pics of me now and I will post them later. I am not like the sculpture in this blog and gosh I wish I were really like that beautiful man but I am getting there. I finally feel like I am almost in the body that God intended me to have, it has been a real challenge, I have to go to the gym 6 times a week and really watch what I eat but it is paying off, i really need to do more sit up though, But now that I am older and I am not going to have an easy time of it I finally gave up on trying to look young but I can have an amazing body. I totally got that it is me that is responsible for my body and my life, the harder I work on it the better I look and the more I feel right. So fo all you out there that are siting on your sofa wondering why you are puttin gon those extra pounds, GET UP...GO TO THE GYM...GO FOR A WALK....Do something healthy tomorrow and feel better about yourself.  IT DOES'NT GET ANY EASIER.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: