Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2014

To be, or not to be… I drag Queen

I wanted to write in my blog today about one thing that I love very much. Drag! Now I don't see myself as a drag queen per se but I do love doing drag. The other night I got to play dress-up. And I think more than anything else it's the process, that I go through to become I alter ego Anita Goodman that is the fun part. Getting the drag box full of wonderfully altered drag clothes like my green dress looks like it I just popped out of a episode of Flintstones, or my purple sparkly dress that I use when I am going to something that's formal. Or just my fun and insane outfit, goth girl clothes. And my make up kit, which used to be a gigantic toolbox until I went to a garage sale and I got this wonderful makeup box that was a Paul Mitchell or a Mac makeup case.

When I was younger it would take me two hours to do my makeup and I look fabulous, I was younger, skinny, Twinkie and very youthful and I had cheekbones to the sky so doing my make up was pretty easy. Now that I'm older it's a little bit more difficult as my eyebrows or brows are droopy and the wrinkles around my eyes are just a little bit more prominent. I have through the years, learn tech makes to hide the crevices and cracks and to cover up those blemishes with base so that I have a smooth finish. I would like to get one of those airbrushes that use makeup make it smooth base.

I love just everything about the process, starting cleaning my face and shaving which brings a Youthful looking itself, and making sure the bases all combined and shaded in and then starting with the eyeshadow, and then one of my favorite parts is putting on the eyelashes and using the liquid latex for glue to stick them on, the payoff of a few aggravating moments is wonderfully lush sick looking eyelashes.

I have to say one of the most proud features of my whole face or my lips, I take great time and care to do them right. They are bright and bold and exciting and really bring the whole look together. 

No comments: