
I have to say that right off the bat I want to tell you about all the monetary things I want, the car, the house,
the boyfriend, the best group of friends and so on, but in reality if I were to really sit back and have to think of the things I want most in this lifetime, I guess one of them would be, my memory, as I am getting older I realize that my remembering the ordinary stuff does not come easy anymore. Like remembering how to do a particular action at my work, sometimes I have to ask 5 and 6 times depending on the stretch of time in between performing this action on how to do it or who to contact or what process comes next. I know I get frustrated and I know my boss get frustrated too but what can I do other then, perform the job well and move on, dreading the next request or job. I live in constant fear that I am going to fail one to many times or need that extra little help remembering a process one to many times and I am going to get fired. The funny thing is, is that if you ask me at any given time what is in my house, I could probably go room by room and name almost everything in that room including what is in the drawers and cabinets. My partner calls it my "Magic Eyes" and I guess it is kind of true....can't remember someones name I have known for years and or had relations with, but after a short walk through I could probably tell you where you put your keys "IF" I have seen them first of course even briefly. Weird huh?
Getting back to the point of the matter' it is not the physical things I want, it is the memories, the emotions, the spiritualness and the peace of mind that I look and long for. Holding on to those things is more important than any car or house or piece of furniture I will ever have.
Below is a little bit of info on memory, I am the sensory type....What type are ?
Please feel free to comment on this blog...Thanks -L-
1 comment:
If you perform a complex task infrequently, it's very likely that over time you will forget some of the steps. Do what they do in large corporations. Document complex tasks that are likely to be repeated. Consult your document as needed to jog your memory.
If you lose the car, the furniture and the house, you may suddenly find yourself becoming very spiritual, but how much peace of mind will you have? I doubt you will ever lose cherished memories, but if you do, you can make new ones.
Everyone possesses the three types of memory described in the article. I don't think anyone is a type, i.e., is better at one type. -H-
Post a Comment