|
La Fe or "The Faith", sculpted in stone
from Badajoz in 1752–53.
Veil symbolizes the impossibility
to know directly the evidences |
John 3:16 says something like: For GOD so love the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who shall believes in him should not die, but have everlasting life." Sometimes I wonder if GOD really is up there ready to receive his followers when they physically die. Does he or she or what ever GOD is, care about us so much that what the Bible says is true? I have been taught by those who go before me, that I need to have faith in GOD and GOD's teachings, that if I want to have salvation and everlasting life I must "truly" believe. I think here is where I get a little worried, I think I "truly" believe, but sometimes I question. Doubts crop up in my mind that tell me that it is all movement of humans that want to believe in something. So they invented this elaborate story about a man who was thought to have a direct connection with the sky or "GOD", kinda like the Inca Kings with the sun god or "The Beatles." They rode the waves of mass hysteria into our history books and like so many men in the past, stories were handed down from generation to generation until the written word had be perfected by scribes and finally after a few hundred or maybe thousand years, I am not sure, was scribed onto parchment and stowed away, only to be found and studied and then taken as GOD's word.
Now I believe in GOD, and I believe there are powers or beings out there that I cannot even comprehend, but I still have a nagging feeling pulling me, asking me, "Is this the right direction?", "Is this the right religious view?", Can I really believe in the human race to inturpret and bring me the truth?"
I am not sure if I will ever get the answer to this question during my quest here on earth. The true task at hand, for me atleast, is to grab ahold of my belief and faith and build a wholesome, healty, and happy life, having faith that my GOD has given these books filled with stories of men and women to those who came before me and those that will be after so that we can use them as tools to live a wonderful, faithfilled, peaceful lives, so we can treat each other with love & tolerance and overcome whatever comes our way until that day, that we leave here and go wherever it is we go after we die.
GOD give me love for the Earth, compassion for my Earthmates and Faith to believe that YOU have it under control.
1 comment:
I heard on a radio show the other day that a sigh of a true believer is some form of doubt and questioning.
Post a Comment